Small groups, club activities, open door activities and different kinds of events are organized in youth centres. Youth centre is a place where you can come alone or spend free time with your friends. In addition to spending spare time, you can play games, cook, do crafts and watch a movie in the youth centre. The youth centre is an intoxicant and a safe place to be where there is always an adult youth work professional present. In the youth centre you can also discuss confidentially with a counselor.
There are seven youth centres in Pori:
- in the city centre (address: Isolinnankatu 12),
- in Western Pori (address: Korventie 2),
- in Pihlava (address: Vanha Maantie 2, in the premises of the former elementary school, called Pihlavan Putki),
- in Noormarkku (address: Finpyyntie 18, at the Noormarkku sports hall),
- in Puuvilla shopping centre (address: Siltapuistokatu 14),
- in Sampola (address: Puhurintie 22),
- in Lavia (address: Viittatie 4).
- In addition to these, there is also a skateboarding hall (address: Herralahdenraitti 1, Askokylä), a mobile youth centre Nuokka Paku = ”Youth Van” and online- youth centre Netari.
Camp and excursion activities are a part of youth work. Different kinds of bigger and smaller events for young people are held all year round. The influence and involvement of of young people is supported with a model called Vaikuttamisen polku, ”Influence Path”. It consists of school-specific work, regional parliaments, youth council and contributing to online democracy Nuortenideat.fi .
In international activities, the international mobility of young people is supported both in groups and at individual level.
Special youth work is carried out as a small group activity as personalized individual youth work and as a street patrol.
You can learn more about these here in Nuokka.fi and our Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and YouTube: @nuokkakarhu or connect us: nuokka.fi/yhteystiedot/pori/